If you are running a business in Dubai, you may be on the lookout for a digital signage services consultant to meet your advertising needs. Such a consultant working in the field would also know the clear differences between metal engraving and laser marking services. In this blog post, we attempt to list out the differences between etching and engraving and when each of them is used. It is vital to understand the proper differences between the two so that they can be used appropriately for a project under consideration.
Cutting a material's surface into a deep cavity to display a name, address, logo, graphic, or any desired message is called engraving or laser engraving. However, if only the top layer of the material is swept away or melted using a laser beam without cutting it deep, then this is called etching or laser etching.
Those involved in stainless steel engraving in Dubai, know that passing high laser heat through machines over the stainless steel surface creates a groove by vaporising the material. For this purpose, powerful machines are used.
The chemical etching does not require powerful machines and only a fraction of the heat is required for the process. Etching on stainless steel services is also a method to cut lines onto the hard metal. Stainless steel etching solutions are used specifically for this purpose.
Whereas etching is a chemical process, engraving is a physical process. Given below are the benefits of engraving and etching.
Benefits of Engraving:
1. Any depth can be achieved by providing multiple laser passes to the material. Metal engraving services can create depths between 0.02″ in metals to 0.125″ in harder materials.
2. The engraved cavity is noticeable by both eyes and touch.
3. Engraving can be successfully done on different materials such as plastic, metal, acrylic, wood, glass, leather, etc.
4. Engraving services in Dubai do a quick job and the job can be completed quickly. The product output is also durable.
5. The engraving process is cost-efficient.
Benefits of Etching:
1. You can look out for etching services in Dubai when you want to highlight something on a thin material. The etching crevices are usually less than 0.001″ deep.
2. Etching is suitable for small projects.
3. Metal etching services in Dubai do the job in a precise manner quickly.
4. Etching makes for less wastage and thus helps to save material.
5. Chemical etching is a common process done on a variety of materials.
6. Etching lasts for years and is durable on every material.
7. The etching is cost-effective even if your project is a big one.
Materials and Methods used for etching and engraving
Traditional engraving uses sharp tools to draw designs directly onto raw materials. This is done often for parts and components of guns, jewellery, or other decorative items. Designs and writing on metal are often engraved. These days this can be done by using lasers. Engraving can be done on different materials such as gold, silver, stainless steel, brass, aluminium, copper or some other metals. Metal engraving consultants in the UAE can help you get engraving done on different materials of your choice, especially for the retail and commerce industry.
Chemical etching or chemical engraving is a tightly-controlled corrosion process and can be used to produce highly complex material parts. Chemical etching can be used on different metals such as silver, mild steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, and aluminium among others. Chemical etching is a more cost-effective process. Metal etching services in Dubai are popularly sought out for businesses that have tight deadlines. You can look out for reliable etching plate suppliers to get your job done.
In the laser etching process, the laser heats and changes the micro surface of the material which expands and creates a different texture. Laser etching makes black-and-white marks and is an efficient process to make permanent marks on most types of materials. It is faster than engraving. Reputed SS laser marking and engraving services in the UAE can get such jobs done for you.
In the laser engraving method, the laser works to vaporise a thin layer of the material on which it works to create a tracking code. This is accomplished by sending a highly localised laser pulse onto the material part. Instead of a raised micro-surface, laser engraving digs into the material onto which it is directed. The engraving depth can go up to 500 microns.
About Thamvos Advertisers
At Thamvos Ads, we provide extensive stainless steel etching services using the most modern technologies. We use them to create complex precise components that can be used in different facets of your business. We also provide extensive SS engraving services to engrave your brand’s name, logo, or any advertising message to the public. All these methods help to provide signage with an outstanding appearance and effect. For more information, log onto our website at https://thamvosads.com/.